4th Workshop on Hybrid Production Systems
2017-02-06 15:00 CET
The eighth edition of the European Robotics Forum will take place in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK from the 22nd till the 24th of March 2017 (www.erf2017.eu). Within this context the 4th Workshop on Hybrid Production Systems will take place on March 23rd.
This workshop is dedicated to presenting the latest technologies, research results facilitating Human Robot Collaboration (HRC) in an industrial setting, e.g. Applications of augmented reality and wearables, Safety, Interaction, Planning, Simulation, Tele-Operation, etc.
In the first quarter of the workshop early results from ongoing research projects are introduced. Early results are characterized as being developed within the first year of the project and as having been validated as a simple proof of concept in the lab (TRL3). The purpose is to give the researcher/inventor feedback w.r.t. to her/his results, e.g. potential enablers, multiplicators, restrictions, etc.
The second and third quarter of the workshop are dedicated respectively to elaborating developed technologies (TRL 5/6) for intuitive and safe human robot interaction, with a short interlope of actual industrial applications of HRC in between. The purpose is to inform the community of emerging technologies that may soon be available on the market.
Finally, the last quarter will be spent on discussing a joint technology report about the technologies to be submitted to the EC, as part of the joint dissemination effort of the Factories-of-the-Future Cluster on Human-Robot-Collaboration.
Agenda of workshop:
- 10:45 – 10:55 Introduction of Workshop
- 10:55 – 11:15 Early Results (moderated by Inaki Martua)
- 11:15 – 12:15 Interaction Technologies (moderated by Sotiris Makris)
- 12:15 – 14:00 Lunch Break
- 14:00 – 14:15 Applications (moderated by Ramez Awad)
- 14:15 – 15:15 Safety Technologies (moderated by Geroge Michalos)
- 15:15 – 15:30 Discussion of next Steps
- ERF2014 - Hybrid Production Systems
- ERF2015 - Hybrid Production Systems
- ERF2016 - Hybrid Production Systems
- Video of riveting application
- Video of teaching a robot a trajectory using Cad-2-Path
- Video of Worker instructions enhanced by Augmented Reality
- Video of Safe Human-Robot Cooperation With High Payload Robots
- Video of drag&bot – Easy robot programming solution
- Video of ROBO PARTNER Automotive Assembly Demonstrator
- Video of ROBO PARTNER Refrigerator Assembly Demonstrator
- LIAA: www.project-leanautomation.eu
- ROBO-PARTNER: www.robo-partner.eu
- FourByThree: www.fourbythree.eu
- FiaD: www.factory-in-a-day.eu
- SYMBIO-TIC: www.symbio-tic.eu
- CleanSky 2 EURECA: Link to be provided
- EuRoC-FLAAIR: www.euroc-project.eu/index.php
- EuRoC-PIROS: www.euroc-project.eu/index.php
- EuRoC-ITRXCELL: www.euroc-project.eu/index.php
- EuRoC-Automap: www.euroc-project.eu/index.php
- SAPARO: echord.eu/saparo
- Ramp-Up: www.rampupproject.eu
- Awad, R. & Fechter, M. (2016). Implementation of a Safe Hybrid Workplace for Robot-Assisted Riveting. In ISR/Robotik 2016; 47th International Symposium on Robotics; Proceedings of (pp. 1-7). VDE.
- Zander, S., Heppner, G., Neugschwandtner, G., Awad, R., Essinger, M., & Ahmed, N. (2016). A model-driven engineering approach for ROS using ontological semantics. arXiv preprint arXiv:1601.03998.
- Zander, S., & Awad, R. (2015, September). Expressing and reasoning on features of robot-centric workplaces using ontological semantics. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2015 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on (pp. 2889-2896). IEEE.
- Roveda, L., Pedrocchi, N., & Tosatti, L.M. (2016). An Adaptive Manual Guidance Formulation with Force-Tracking Control for Industrial Cooperative Tasks. In IROS 2016, Workshop on Human-Robot Collaboration: Towards Co-Adaptive Learning Through Semi-Autonomy and Shared Control.
- Roveda, L., Pedrocchi, N., & Tosatti, L.M. (2017). Adaptive Manual Guidance Empowering Human Operator in Industrial Tasks Execution. Submitted to Conference on Human-Robot Interaction 2017.
- Bergner, F., Dean-Leon, E., & Cheng, G. (2016, October). Event-based signaling for large-scale artificial robotic skin-realization and performance evaluation. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on (pp. 4918-4924). IEEE.
- Dean-Leon, E., Ramirez-Amaro, K., Bergner, F., Dianov, I., Lanillos, P., & Cheng, G. (2016, October). Robotic technologies for fast deployment of industrial robot systems. In Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2016-42nd Annual Conference of the IEEE (pp. 6900-6907). IEEE.
- Mittendorfer, P., & Cheng, G. (2011). Humanoid multimodal tactile-sensing modules. IEEE Transactions on robotics, 27(3), 401-410.
- Weisshardt, F., & Koehler, F. (2016, June). Automatic Testing Framework for Benchmarking Applications. In ISR 2016: 47st International Symposium on Robotics; Proceedings of (pp. 1-6). VDE.
- Bubeck, A., Weisshardt, F., Sing, T., Reiser, U., Hägele, M., & Verl, A. (2012, December). Implementing best practices for systems integration and distributed software development in service robotics-the Care-O-bot® robot family. In System Integration (SII), 2012 IEEE/SICE International Symposium on (pp. 609-614). IEEE.
- Iannacci, N., Giussani, M., Vicentini, F., & Tosatti, L. M. (2016, September). Robotic cell work-flow management through an IEC 61499-ROS architecture. In Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), 2016 IEEE 21st International Conference on (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Pellegrinelli, S., Moro, F. L., Pedrocchi, N., Tosatti, L. M., & Tolio, T. (2016). A probabilistic approach to workspace sharing for human–robot cooperation in assembly tasks. CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, 65(1), 57-60.
- Cesta, A., Orlandini, A., Bernardi, G., & Umbrico, A. (2016, September). Towards a planning-based framework for symbiotic human-robot collaboration. In Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), 2016 IEEE 21st International Conference on (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Vogel, C., Fritzsche, M., & Elkmann, N. (2016, March). Safe human-robot cooperation with high-payload robots in industrial applications. In The Eleventh ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human Robot Interaction (pp. 529-530). IEEE Press.
- Munaro, M., Basso, F., & Menegatti, E. (2016). OpenPTrack: Open source multi-camera calibration and people tracking for RGB-D camera networks. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 75, 525-538.
- Munaro, M., Lewis, C., Chambers, D., Hvass, P., & Menegatti, E. (2016). Rgb-d human detection and tracking for industrial environments. In Intelligent Autonomous Systems 13 (pp. 1655-1668). Springer International Publishing.
- Munaro, M., Basso, F., Michieletto, S., Pagello, E., & Menegatti, E. (2013). A software architecture for RGB-D people tracking based on ros framework for a mobile robot. In Frontiers of Intelligent Autonomous Systems (pp. 53-68). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Michalos, G., Makris, S., Spiliotopoulos, J., Misios, I., Tsarouchi, P., & Chryssolouris, G. (2014). ROBO-PARTNER: Seamless Human-Robot cooperation for intelligent, flexible and safe operations in the assembly factories of the future. Procedia CIRP, 23, 71-76.
- Michalos, G., Makris, S., Tsarouchi, P., Guasch, T., Kontovrakis, D., & Chryssolouris, G. (2015). Design considerations for safe human-robot collaborative workplaces. Procedia CIRP, 37, 248-253.
- Michalos, G., Karagiannis, P., Makris, S., Tokçalar, Ö., & Chryssolouris, G. (2016). Augmented reality (AR) applications for supporting human-robot interactive cooperation. Procedia CIRP, 41, 370-375.
- Makris, S., Karagiannis, P., Koukas, S., & Matthaiakis, A. S. (2016). Augmented reality system for operator support in human–robot collaborative assembly. CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology, 65(1), 61-64.
- Gao, B., Chen, F., Trapani, F., Selvaggio, M., & Caldwell, D. (2016, August). Robust object localization based on error patterns learning for dexterous mobile manipulation. In Advanced Robotics and Mechatronics (ICARM), International Conference on (pp. 213-218). IEEE.
- Selvaggio, M., Notomista, G., Chen, F., Gao, B., Trapani, F., & Caldwell, D. (2016, October). Enhancing bilateral teleoperation using camera-based online virtual fixtures generation. In Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on (pp. 1483-1488). IEEE.