2016-02-15 08:00 CET
The seventh edition of the European Robotics Forum will take place in Ljubljana, Slovenia from the 21st till the 23rd of March 2016 (www.erf2016.eu). Within this context the 3rd Workshop on Hybrid Production Systems will take place on March 23rd (14:00-15:30 CET, Room 3).
This workshop is dedicated to research projects with the focus on Human-Robot-Collaboration. LIAA will participate at the workshop with one presentation in the field of safety technologies.
In this year’s workshop early results from ongoing research projects (e.g. SYMBIO-TIC, FourByThree, PERFoRM) will be introduced. Early results are characterized as being developed within the first year of the project and as having been validated as a simple proof of concept in the lab (TRL3). The purpose is to give the researcher/inventor feedback w.r.t. to her/his results, e.g. potential enablers, multiplicators, restrictions, etc.
In the second half of the workshop, developed technologies by ongoing or completed research projects for safe and/or intuitive human robot interaction will be elaborated by the means of projects’ demonstrators as an example application (TRL 5/6). The purpose is to inform the community of emerging technologies with a potential to soon reach the market.
Ultimately, the workshop’s goal is to continue the dialogue among the projects themselves, as well as with the community about the methodologies, technologies and platforms used and the results to be developed.
Agenda of workshop:
- 14:00-14:20 Early Results from just started projects
- 14:20-14:55 Novel Safety Technologies
- 14:55-15:30 Novel Interaction Technologies
- “The SYMBIOTIC project – early results and outlook for human-robot symbiosis” by Dr. Sotiris Makris (LMS, University of Patras)
- “FourByThree: initial results towards modular, safe, efficient and easy to use robots” by Mr. Iñaki Maurtua (IK4-TEKNIKER)
- „PERFoRM – Bringing CPS into industrial application“ by Dr. Matthias Foehr (Siemens AG)
- “Design and control of a novel series-elastic actuator for human-robot collaboration” by Dr. José de Gea Fernández (DFKI Robotics Innovation Center) - Due to the incidents at Brussel Airport, he was unable to attend.
- “An ontology-based approach for the formal verification and validation of reconfigurable Robot Applications” by Ms. Nadia Ahmed (FZI Karlsruhe)
- “Workspace monitoring for safe human-robot coworking” by Dr. Damien Salle (TECNALIA)
- “Projection-based sensor system for providing safety and interaction capabilities in human-robot cooperative applications” by Mr. Christian Vogel (Fraunhofer IFF)
- “Composeable skills for a factory in a day” by Dr. Carlos Hernandez Corbato (Technische Universiteit Delft)
- “Human robot interactive cooperation in hybrid assembly systems” by Dr. George Michalos (LMS, University of Patras)
- ERF2014 – Hybrid Production Systems: www.eu-robotics.net/cms/upload/euRobotics_Forum/ERF2014_presentations/day_3/TP-01_ERF2014_Hybrid_Production_Systems_2014-03-14.v.1.02.pdf
- ERF2015 - Hybrid Production Systems: www.erf2015.eu/presentations/HybridProduction.zip
- LIAA: www.project-leanautomation.eu
- ROBO-PARTNER: www.robo-partner.eu
- FourByThree: www.fourbythree.eu
- FiaD: www.factory-in-a-day.eu
- SYMBIO-TIC: www.symbio-tic.eu
- PERFoRM: www.horizon2020-perform.eu